Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Truly Happy Holiday

Here is an attempt at creating a holiday card. The first I've done in quite a few years.

I'm thrilled to be getting ready for Christmas. Happy as anything that I have enough energy to do what I need to do. I've been working about half time; resting when I can, but mostly just conserving energy when possible so that I can keep up with my kids and the extra demands of the holiday season. I feel good. Sometimes fatigued, yes, but able to keep up. Yeah! My daughter had a choir concert last week and my son's band concert was last night. Just attending these events is something I could not have done a few months ago. I've been cooking, too, almost every night, and enjoying that little act of normalcy.

The tree is up and beautiful; full of an intermingling of my ornaments and the FBF's. Presents are (mostly) ready and wrapped and under the tree. I don't feel any of the usual December stress or pressure. I'm just truly happy to be able to partake in it.

2 comments:

kai said...

Hey sweet lady!

I couldn't be happier for you. It's so good to see you return to normal and be so incredibly happy.

Merry Christmas and a very, very Happy New Year!!

Love, Karen

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you are so cheery and productive. Wanna get your healthy ass over here and help me? Guess not, kind of a long drive. Love the card, I still have mine to do...off to the photo place!