Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Giving Thanks

What I am thankful for on this eve of Thanksgiving 2007:

- My bosses who have been amazingly patient and generous. They will never know how much they have helped me by allowing me to focus on recovery instead of worrying about having to be in the office.

- My parents who came to town every other week for 4 months and not only sat with me during my interminable chemo appointments, but also took care of me while I was recovering from chemo. No matter how old I am, I want my mom when I am sick and I am so glad she could be with me. And my dad was here too. Every time. I had no idea he cared that much. Thank you Mom and Dad!

- My family and friends who have stuck with me, faithfully reading and commenting on my blog, calling me, sending me emails and dinners (SO many dinners! Thank you family, friends, neighbors and co-workers!) and cards and flowers and so much more. All the visits. All the phone calls. All the times you have put aside whatever is going on in your life in order to listen to me rant and rave and cry and whine and freak out. I thank you. I am now officially going on record to say "it isn't all about me anymore! I welcome the opportunity to hear about YOU now!"

I'm also thankful for the grace my children have acquired during this experience. Somehow, somewhere, I know it will serve them well later in life.

And for the FBF. One of the best things, if not THE best thing to come out of having cancer. I am thankful for all you bring to my life. This is only the first of many Thanksgivings to come.

4 comments:

kai said...

This morning the thought popped into my head, "I bet this Thanksgiving has new meaning for LeeAnne, she has so much more to be thankful for this year". And now I read this entry. Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!

Anonymous said...

Glad it was a good one for you. OK, then, enough about you....lets see whats going on with MOI. Oh...ah...nothing. OK, Ill check back in when Ive something fabulous to say!

Love ya!

Brenda

Bob said...

Thanks for making my Thanksgiving a special and memorable one honey!!

Anonymous said...

HI LAM!!
You put EVERYTHING into perspective girl. Thank *you*
love
Reg