Friday, October 19, 2007

Hair Today!

Here I am today. Can you see all the new hair? Can you tell that soon it will actually cover my scalp? Yippee! It's very grey on the sides, but brown is coming in on top. It is all still really soft, like baby hair.

In other hair news, my eyebrows have sprouted in a BIG way. If I can manage to live with woolly caterpillars above my eyes for another week or two I might actually have enough brows to warrant getting them waxed. I'd forgotten how thick my eyebrows are naturally. Wow. Eyelashes are coming back too, but they are still quite short.

According to my Radiation Doc, next week should be the peak of my fatigue, and then after a couple more weeks I'll start to improve. I'm really looking forward to the improve part. To say I'm tired of being tired would be a huge understatement.

I have 10 zaps left. I'm blistering and itchy and have about a zillion new freckles on my chest, but it isn't anything I can't cope with, especially with all the support I have. I just have to keep remembering, as I have had to do all the way through this, that it is temporary. Just like my hair loss was!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Only 10 zaps left?? Woohoo! I LOVE your new pic! You look so pretty! Your retreat sounded like a lot of fun, so glad you enjoyed yourself. Post some more pics if you can....

Love you!

kai said...

Ya know...I actually like the gray. A lot, in fact. It's very Annie Lennox.

See ya Sunday!

Love, Karen

Anonymous said...

LAM...

Yay! Hair! Just in time since it's probably getting cooler up in Portland now. (Or you could come down here, it was in the 80s today!) This is a great picture of you, too. And hell, $40 is about as cheap as therapy gets...beats retail therapy, that's for sure. I'm glad you made some new friends at your retreat.

Anonymous said...

Only 10 to go!! That's so doable.

Thanks again, so much, for going to the retreat...I too am still wrapping my head around it. What a different life to lead...

hope you feel better soon!
xoxoxo
amanda

Anonymous said...

LAM, you look absolutely fantastic!

Thinking of you always...

Love

Ang

Anonymous said...

Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear....! Glad to see the hair coming back, but will it ever be NEW JOISEY hair? Hopefully not! You're in the homestretch now, git her done!