Sunday, October 14, 2007

Retreat

Today I pack my bags, pick up my friend Amanda, a fellow PDX BC survivor, and head north for a 3 day breast cancer retreat. With the limited energy I have right now I don't have big expectations. I am most excited that the retreat center is located on Hood Canal, and that I'll (hopefully) get to spend some time on the beach staring at the water. It's been so long.

I was told there was an Art Yurt, and to bring some supplies but packing art supplies sounds like too much work. I was also told to bring my journal. Journal? I think this is it. So I guess the laptop might have to make the trip as well.

I'm so tired. Seriously fatigued. I can only hope this is worth the effort.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LeeAnne, I hope this is a great trip for you! Let us know how it goes.

Unknown said...

It sounds like fun LAM! Maybe you guys could just lay around on the beach and talk all day. Hope it goes well!

BTW, I love your pic in the blog before this one, you look awesome!

Anonymous said...

Definitely spend some time looking at the water, that HAS to be good for you. Have fun, thinking about you a lot lately and I just know you are going to come out of this so kick ass awesome.

Bob said...

I know you had some up moments and some down moments, but wasn't it all worth it? At least you had some time to look at what you have accomplished and where you are going. You have also had a few laughs along the way.

Know that I am proud of you for all you have done, and all you are going to do, and I love you!