Monday, October 1, 2007

Back to Couch World

I've been reunited with my former companion Fatigue.

Sucks.

I'd hoped that radiation fatigue would somehow be less, um, fatiguing than chemo fatigue.

Nope. Fatigue is fatigue. Tired muscles. Shortness of breath. Weakness. Little appetite. Exhaustion that has nothing to do with sleep. I did not take this return very gracefully. It pissed me off, actually. I DON'T want to go back into the hole. I was just clawing my way out!!!

Take a deep breath... go back to what I know: Re-enter Couch World. Bring on the books. Laptop. Telephone. Friends. Family. Dog. Lay down. Stay down. I know how to do this one. I spent most of the summer right here.

The difference this time? One other item to add to the mix: Fabulous Boy Friend, aka FBF.

He makes Couch World a different kind of place: full of love, hilarity, comfort and understanding. He puts himself right smack dab between me and fatigue, elbowing it to the side and reminding me that there is much more to life than this short time spent feeling crappy. He reminds me I'm not doing it alone.

Best of all? He makes me laugh. Gut splitting, pee your pants, wine out your nose, laugh 'till you cry laughter. And that's something we here at Couch World can't ever get enough of.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

JEEESUS. I could just hate you, well you know if you werent sick, tired and sick and tired of being sick and tired. Who gets a FBF when they are so busy with all this other shit? Well, you deserve it, so Ill stop ragging on you about it. Enjoy what you can of Couch World. Maybe when you are all done and better we could have a Couch burning. Go shopping, get you a really nice new one then set a FLAMETHROWER to the old one. Fire is so cleansing! Of course mass quanities of alcohol would be involved, Im not sure you are into that....

Love you

Brenda

ND said...

So glad the return to couch world is full of love and laughter countering that other stuff. And I agree with Brenda a couch burning could be quite cleansing. :-)
Love ya-
N

Unknown said...

I agree!! Couch burning sounds like a great idea! LOL I'm SOOO happy for you LAM and look at that picture of you guys smilin' away. I love it!

Anonymous said...

I like the couch burning idea. And I can't EVEN tell you how happy it makes me to see YOU so craptastically happy in that picture!! No one deserves a FBF more! WOOHOOO FBF! Nice ta meetcha!

Love you Lammie,
XO
Kelly