Friday, November 9, 2007

Ramblings...

Here's today's hair picture. I'm about 2 1/2 months post-chemo. Slowly but surely it's filling in. I believe a milestone was reached last weekend when I was told I officially woke up with bedhead. Woohoo! Never thought I would be so happy to hear that one. Eyelashes are nearly at full length and eyebrows are well on their way.

A week post-radiation and I'm still dealing with peeling and the occasional stabbing pain but geez louise it is NOTHING in comparison to where I've been. The ever-present fatigue rears its head when I try to do more than a few activities in a day but I will continue to improve.

I met with the doc on Monday to discuss hormone therapy and port removal. The latter is scheduled for November 30, under general anesthesia (yeah!), the former to start December 1. I'll take Tamoxifen for 5 years as a daily pill. I might at some point take some other drugs but not to start with. Main side effect is expected to be MORE HOT FLASHES! Damn.

My anxiety over picking up the pieces of my old life was lifted somewhat when work gave me the official word as to their expectations for my coming back. Helps to have a plan in place. I hope to start back slowly, maybe even next week. For sure the week after. I'm not sure what I can handle, frankly, but I won't know until I try. One step at a time.

And finally, I want to thank the FBF* for being such a rock during my latest round of freak outs. Every time I have a fear, an insecurity, an anxiety attack or am just plain bitchy this man calls me out, addresses it, talks me down off the skinny branch and reminds me that not only does he love me, but he's with me for the long haul. I am so blessed. It continues to astound me that the Universe delivered the man of my dreams during cancer treatment, but It did. Makes me kind of wonder what's next...

*FBF = Fabulous Boy Friend

5 comments:

kai said...

Three huge cheers for FBF! I'm so happy for you, this is exactly what you deserve. And I'm lovin' the hair! Like I said at lunch last time, I like the short hair. Very stylish.

hug, hug, hug!!

Anonymous said...

What a man what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man he sounds like! You aint so bad yourself there, hairball.

Glad to see you so up!

Brenda (who, not for nothing knew all along you would be fine, )

Unknown said...

Your FBF sounds so perfect!! I'm so happy for you! Your new pic is beautiful! I love the purdy background colors!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Gosh you look gorgeous! I can't wait for a bad hair day! Always better than a no hair day. Let us know how you do on the Tamoxifen. That's the next step for me too and I'm a little nervous about the se's. Your May chemo girls miss you.

Anonymous said...

LeeAnne,
A great visit with you for lunch, and this afternoon I read the blog - from April 'til today. It is beautiful (you are beautiful!), heart-wrenching, inspiring, real. It is you, you live in your story, you are your story. You have given me a gift to be able to read it and feel the life in it.
I love you. Did I say you are beautiful?
Becky