Monday, June 18, 2007

Lost Daze

One of my friends recently commented that I don't write when I'm not feeling good. I think she meant that I don't write right after chemo. She looks for updates to how I'm feeling and they aren't there. Or here. It isn't that I'm not feeling good (relatively speaking.) It's that my brain is completely and totally empty.

I swear they put a knock-out drug in the chemo mix.

I have only a vague recollection of the last several days. My parents, as usual, came to town to accompany me to my Thursday appointment. It went without a hitch. The big excitement was a REALLY good CBC, with nice, high white blood cell counts. Woohoo the thrills. Came home with an appetite although I couldn't begin to tell you what I ate.

Friday there was some gratuitous TJ Maxx shopping followed by a late afternoon Neulasta shot. I think I purchased some housewares. I'm sure some napping happened.

Saturday was the Miniature Railroads in the Garden tour (it was Father's Day weekend after all, so Dad had to have some fun) followed by a trip to Target where again, I bought a few things. Not sure what though.

Are you sensing a theme? It's a REALLY good thing my parents are around post-chemo to make sure I don't do anything more stupid than unplanned retailing. Geez, it's like being 15 again! I did manage to make my Dad a Father's Day breakfast before going horizontal and napping Sunday away (between hot flashes.)

What I do know for sure is that it is an incredible gift and comfort to have my parents here for the big anti-nausea drug fest daze that follows every chemo appointment. Everybody going through cancer treatment should be so lucky.

And today I worked almost the entire day. Not at 100% brain power but good enough. The lost daze, this time around, is just about over.

Five more chemos to go... I'm almost halfway there!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! You're half way there! I was worried about you this weekend because you didn't blog. I thought that you were having a hard time this time. I'm glad to hear that it wasn't so bad.

I miss you!
Kimi

Anonymous said...

Half way there! Yippee. Enjoy your daze days, and Im glad you have some help around.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Lammie! And way to go mom and dad! Grace and ease baby, you're heading for the home stretch.

XOXO
Kelly

ND said...

I agree that's the definition of a perfect oval. What a gorgeous head!
Kudos to your mom and dad-
Love you-

Anonymous said...

I call it "blocking it out" - because A/C makes me feel so icky I think my pysche switches into not-worth-remembering gear, and I remember only the fun things. The rest of it, haven't a clue...And it starts the moment I walk into the oncs office, like my body just doesn't want to be there so I check out....takes a while (a week maybe) to come back into focus...:) But luckily that happens, so no worries! Hope your daze is good and that coming back into focus is better. :) Hugs,