Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Better

There's a really predictable pattern here: chemo makes me feel crappy, a few days go by and then I feel better. Doesn't really make for the most interesting blogging...

But I do. Feel better. After spending Saturday and Sunday completely couch-bound, I was able to go to work for a bit on Monday. It's amazing how good it feels to get out of the house, even if just for a few hours. Even if I don't feel incredibly great.

I think Taxol is a bit easier, so far anyway, than A/C. Yes I have bone and joint pain and walked around all day today like either a little old lady with arthritis, or a weekend warrior very sore from extreme sports, but my stomach is much happier overall, and my brain is much clearer than it would be if I had to take all the anti-nausea drugs. I feel less like I will burst into tears at any second, and less like I've been kicked in the gut by a very big horse than I did with A/C.

I just keep thinking "only 3 more!" I'm absolutely thrilled. Plus I think next chemo recovery will take place at the beach, and as simple as that sounds I'm happy as heck at the thought of getting out of town for a few days. Last time I was anywhere was my vacation in May! I think I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Dare I imagine a chemo-free life?

4 comments:

Barb said...

Yes! Invision that chemo-free life! There is light at the end of the tunnel...hang on!!!

ND said...

Time at the beach is just the ticket for recovering. Yea! the downhill stretch. You're doing fantastic.

kai said...

This is a quote from one of my favorite poets. Tyler and Erika recently sent it to me with a bouquet of flowers when I was feeling down about my situation. It applies to you and your time in life, I think:

“Perhaps all the dragons of our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us once beautiful and brave.”
--Rainer Maria Rilke

You're already beautiful and brave but after this you'll be even more so.

Love, Karen

kai said...
This comment has been removed by the author.