Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Descent

Of COURSE it was too good to be true.

Yesterday I felt fantastic, all thanks to the steroids still in my system from Thursday's chemo. I corralled my 'rents and indulged in a day-long retail fest up and down NW 23rd and even into the Pearl. Accomplished all my pent-up errands and SO enjoyed being out in the world. PLUS came home to an early muy fabuloso b-day present box (thank you Sissy!), my Neulasta shot was administered excellently and didn't hurt, AND TLC ran a marathon of "What Not To Wear" last night. All the makings of a happy Friday.

Then late last night I started to feel the soles of my feet and the palms of my hands burning. My body is aching this morning, but not badly enough to medicate, yet. Intestinal rumblings shall not be detailed here. And my old friend fatigue reared its head after the simple act of walking up my backyard steps. Son of a beeeeeotch I'd hoped (silly, yes I know) that I could somehow avoid that part.

So here I am. Back on the couch with my books and my laptop; my phone, my dog and my mom are all close by. Big question is how long is it going to last this time?

5 comments:

ND said...

It's so not fun to be sick. This will last as long as it does and then you'll have more fabulous days, makes it all worth it because you more than anyone will revel in every moment.
Love ya-
Noreen

Anonymous said...

LAM I'm reading every update, and thinking about you every day. Many people love you, me included. Remember our old refrain, thistooshallpassthistooshallpass? I think that came originally from FRWSRN, but I could be wrong about that. This ol' memory ain't what it used to be. Hard times right now, yes. I just know that better are around the corner.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Ok, I had a typo on my other comment, so I hadda delete it.

I hope you're feeling better today LAM. I know it's hard, but I think you've done so so well through the chemo. My dad was sooo depressed and brought everyone down with him. It was hard to be supportive, but we tried.

Hang in there!
Love ya

Anonymous said...

LAM, I'm sorry this round hit you so hard. I hope you're feeling better by now. Are you stillg getting accupuncture? Lauren has an appt with an accupucturist/masseuse next week for her back and neck. I showed her your accupucture pic and she thought you looked very cool.