Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Surgery Nitty Gritty

I had a long surgery yesterday, followed by a night's stay in the hospital. Cancer was found in one lymph node which was removed, as was the lump. I have a drain at the back of my armpit. It feels about as good as you might imagine. It will remain there for probably 10 days. Or more.

Final pathology won't come back until next week, so until then there is no further information on tumor margins or anything else. I will post it when I know it.

My mom is staying with me so I am well taken care of.

This does mean that I will have chemo for sure. But I am not thinking about it right now. Right now I am just concentrating on recovering from this surgery.

When I am feeling a little more like myself I will write up a rant about the horrors of hospitals and incompetent nurses... Let's just say I'm glad to be home!

4 comments:

Barb said...

Glad to hear that the first part of all of this is now in the past. Focus on your recovery from your experience at OHSU, and let your mom take good care of you!

One breath at a time!

ND said...

Aren't hospitals fun? I can relate to your rant before you even rant about them. Hope you are feeling better today. Thinking of you-

Anonymous said...

Stay on the big comfy couch and rest and recover, snuggle with the kids and read fun books. We are thinking of you. Whats your lucky number, Ill play it in Vegas

Unknown said...

I hope you're feeling better today LAM. Keep taking those pain meds! Love you!

Kimi