Saturday, May 19, 2007

Day 3

My friend Cindy called today to say "I keep on checking your blog for updates but I couldn't stand it one more minute! How are you doing?" So here I am, updating.

And guess what? I'm doing FINE! I walked with my mom yesterday morning for a good 20 minutes, napped in the afternoon, and went to the docs for my Neulasta shot after that. Took my beloved Ativan (but skipped the other "as needed" nausea meds) last night and slept great. It's not like I'm not on stuff - I take Emend (which apparently blocks the brain's vomit center) and Decadron (a steroid) in the morning but they've done the trick all day. The Decadron can ramp a person up a little - this morning I did laundry, took a shower, and my parents took me to the mall where we had some good walking and a bit of shopping. I napped this afternoon and it will be another early night but I feel great, considering. I have to be really careful of a fever but it was only 99 today and I can go up to 100.5 before I have to call. I wash my hands a lot so I'm being careful.

I can't eat much, and nothing that tastes like anything. A few tiny bites and I'm full. Cream of Wheat, english muffins, cottage cheese, maybe a little fruit but that's about it. It's okay... I'll have hormone therapy in a few months that will pile the pounds on so losing a bit here at the beginning is a good thing. My sense of smell is off too - everything is intense - but that's very normal.

So there you go. Nothing too exciting and I'm glad of it. Let's all hope that the next few days will be as uneventful as the first few!

2 comments:

ND said...

Such good news LAM! My fingers are crossed for no excitment too. :-)

Anonymous said...

WoooHOOO!
Way to go Lammie!! That's awesome. In this case, boring is GOOD thing!