Sunday, September 16, 2007

Baby Steps

This has been a big week filled with good things:

- Feeling healthy enough to go back to work, albeit for short days (rule of thumb is to go home when I have to lay my head down on my desk.)

- My hair is continuing to come in quickly and some of it is even brown instead of albino.

- Standing up for 3 hours at a neighborhood party and having mostly great conversation that mostly wasn't about cancer.

- Drinking a glass or two of wine (see party, above) and having it taste good.

- Attending support group with my children and both of them wishing that it was more often than once a month.

- My kids and I being asked to dinner by a neighborhood mom and feeling good enough to go!

- And the very best happening of the week? Officially getting a boyfriend. He's fabulous.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LA is back! You sound fantastic. Yea!

Anonymous said...

WOOO HOOO!!

I'm am SO happy for you! Go baby go!!

Laura said...

Hi LeeAnne

We haven't met but after reading your blog I know we are bc sisters - I was dx in July of 06 and had the exact same tx plan as you and finished rads this past April. I had the exact same SE's and got through it all the same way you are, with a loving supportive family, amazing friend, and above all, a lot of laughs! I also lived up in the PDX area for 4 years (Vancouver) so I feel even more of a kinship with you.

Rads will be a breeze compared to chemo, with your great attitude I know you will do great. It is AMAZING how fast it goes by. If you have any questions or just want to talk or vent please feel free to email me at lauraadler210@aol.com.

Good luck today!

Laura said...

Friends. Amazing friends. I do have more than one. I swear.

Anonymous said...

Yipeee, all that and a boyfriend too, you go girl. No one deserves it more.