Friday, September 14, 2007

Surprise!

Last Monday my office had an all-day wine tasting event, riding around on a fancy-pants VIP bus visiting several wineries. I'd hoped to attend but it was obvious to me on Sunday that I was still much too fatigued to participate so I sent my regrets and settled in on Monday for another day of couch lounging and recovery. Imagine my surprise when I received a call from the Big Boss inquiring as to my ability to meet the group for lunch. And, oh yes, they would send a car and driver for me.

This was something I could do! The car and driver turned out to be a huge white stretch limo and didn't I feel like the princess dozing in the back during the 45 minute drive to lunch. It was fabulous!

It was so nice to see everyone from work after having been gone for so long. We had a lovely lunch and while they re-boarded their bus and headed off for yet another winery, I was driven home.

What a lovely surprise the day turned out to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds fabulous! I'm glad you got to enjoy that.