Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Don't Stare

Today at the gas station the attendant said "nice hair do, you do that yourself?" "Chemo, I said." And followed that up with "cancer treatment" by way of further explanation as English was not his first language. "What kind of cancer?" he asked. "Breast cancer," I replied.

And I kid you not, his eyes went down to my chest and he started tracing circles with his fingers on his own boy-breasts as he stared at mine. Obviously trying to figure out, in a not particularly stealthy fashion, exactly the state of my post-cancerous breast(s).

Um, ick. In fact I would go so far as to say it was really creepy.

5 comments:

kai said...

People never cease to amaze me!

Anonymous said...

eeeww. I guess that answers if the statement "Nice Doo" is ever appropriate. I'm sorry you were creeped out. Pumping your own gas does not sound so bad at times!

It is tough to be classy in a non classy world.

I hope your feeling and sleeping well!

Barb said...

Oh, lovely. Not!

Unknown said...

Ewww Ewwww Ewwwwwwww that is one of the creepiest stories I've ever heard! I bet you wanted to run screaming LAM!

I hope you're feeling better!

Love you
Kimi

katie said...

Um. Gross!