Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Adventures in Couch World

Day six apres last chemo and I am managing about 10 minutes upright before I get light-headed. Here's the view from Couch World. What you can't see is my giant coffee table holding everything I might ever need: water, chapstick, telephones, laptop, books, fan, newspapers, etc. I might as well be in a studio apartment for having my entire life confined to this tiny corner of the living room!

My parents and my friend Claudia left this morning and the house is very quiet but I am by no means alone.

I have Shandy the Wonder Dog.

When no one else is here she lays down next to my couch. She stays there for hours. She doesn't say a word but I sure do feel the love. She has been such a constant through all this. Everybody going through cancer treatment should have at least one Wonder Dog.

And God gave me a big ol' hola this morning. Said "Told you I'd get you through this. You're almost done. And I have more surprises in store for you. Good ones." So there's that.

Always something to ponder in Couch World. What's next? Stay tuned.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog. Nice couch. Shandy is a very, very cool wonder dog. The clouds are clearing and it looks like smooth kayaking from here on out. The future's so bright....put on those awesome shades.

Unknown said...

I LOVE this blog! I love your living room, well what I could see of it, but mostly I love the cute pic of Shandy the wonder dog! I hope the pain meds are helping you through the LAST chemo! Woohooo!

kai said...

Bless you and your beautiful outlook!

Anonymous said...

NICE BLOG.

Anonymous said...

Good dog Shandy! Take care of momma. And momma, you give that doggy dog some good ear scratching.

DOWN THE STRETCH she comes, run for the roses!

Anonymous said...

OK, the last comment was me, not anonymous. Im rushing out the door...