Monday, August 20, 2007

Gratitude for Food

Ever since my surgery in April, other people have been providing food for my family. My neighbor Pam, who happens to have a fabulous personal chef service, created a "bring meals to LeeAnne's family" calendar and it has been just about the very best thing ever. Neighbors, friends, co-workers, even a few people I hardly know have taken time out of their schedules to feed us.

One of my favorite things about these meal deliveries is that sometimes I can talk the deliverer into sitting down and having a little visit. There have been nights when the kids are at their dad's house, and I've not gone to work and perhaps haven't talked to anyone all day. I'm like a 95 year old shut-in getting her Meals on Wheels on those days! Reality is I'm not alone all that much, but I have had days that have felt that way. God bless these patient people who will sit with me a little while and listen to me whine about my aches and pains! Bless them even more that they don't freak out when I burst into tears, as I've done on SO many occasions. Thanks for dinner and WAH! I've also had the opportunity to talk to some neighbors that I've rarely spoken to over the years. The meal deliveries have created a little bit of community building, and that is a very cool thing.

And I can't help but feel like be it home cooked, take out, or pizza delivery, the fact that people care enough to provide for us makes the food all that much better. More nutritious somehow. Thank you everyone, and I look forward to the time that I am healthy enough to pay it forward.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How awesome is that?? I looked at Pam's website. All of the food sounds so yummy! You've got such a great support system!

Love ya
Kimi