Thursday, August 9, 2007

Sailing Through

Today I completed Taxol #3, chemo number 7 - Only One More Left! Hurray! This infusion went well. I was able to get my Benedryl dose cut in half and therefore avoided the twitchy legs that have plagued my last 2 infusions and made them very uncomfortable. In 2 weeks I have my LAST chemo people! Champagne for all!

The infusion room's wifi is spotty but worked well enough today for me to sign up for Race for the Cure. I created "Team Lulu" and anyone who wishes to is welcome to donate or even join. You don't have to even show up - there's an option called "Sleep in for the Cure!" You can find my race page here.

After my Neulasta shot tomorrow evening I'm off to the beach with my parents to recuperate. The change of scenery works wonders.

I need to give kudos to M, my ex-husband, for taking our kids to the Families with Cancer support group tonight while I was at chemo. Not something every ex would do, and I really appreciate being able to count on him to operate with the kids' best interests in mind. They loved it, and brought me this wonderful poster they made tonight.

And a shout out to my friend John who gave me a little kick in the butt today by reminding me that I am truly sailing through chemo. Many people don't. Thanks John. I needed to hear that.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How sweet of M to do that for you and the kids! That is awesome! The poster is just too cute! I think Annie looks like Helen Hunt. They are both getting so big! Have fun this weekend! One mo to go! YAY!

Love
Kimi

kai said...

I'm so happy you're near the end your chemo, that has to feel wonderful. I was just thinking the other day that M was going with the kids to this and wondered how it went. It's so great of him and equally great that you acknowledge it like this; you're both teaching your kids some incredible lessons in life.

Enjoy the coast this weekend...how sweet of your parents!

A big hug!! Karen

ND said...

Love the poster! And it's almost the end of chemo--that calls for at least 2 glasses of that champagne. Enjoy the beach. I agree it's one of the best places to recuperate-
Love Noreen

katie said...

The poster made me cry. You are surrounded by love, whether still legally bound or not, because you are an exceptional person. We are all lucky to have you in our life.

The canals of Amsterdam will flow with champagne the day of the last chemo. It will be an international day of "WHEW!!!" So proud of you sissy.

Anonymous said...

LAM,

Your kick-ass attitude was the key to sailing through. I hope the beach was wonderful for you. Mitch and I took the kids to the beach today and it was beautiful. The best place, I think, to recuperate.

Annie and JJ's poster was fabulous. You have some awesome kids there (and M, too, for being there for the kids).

Love,
Dianne